Allan & Associates’ team is expanding. Our Global Information Service is recruiting for a Southeast Asia Political & Security Risk Analyst for a permanent position to be based in London, starting as soon as possible.
The role involves the analysis of political and security risks throughout the Asia-Pacific region, but with a particular focus on Southeast Asia. The successful candidate will be responsible for contributing to subscription information services and bespoke consulting projects. Where necessary, the analyst will support security consulting operations and may be required to travel within the region. The role will involve some client contact and applicants should be confident presenting to a high-level audience.
Successful applicants will possess the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in Southeast Asia Area Studies, International Relations, International Politics, Strategic Studies, or similar. Applicants must be able to demonstrate a specialism in Southeast Asia.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of key political, security and business risk issues affecting the Southeast Asia region.
- Excellent written English and working proficiency in a regional language (Indonesian Bahasa highly desirable).
- Ability to write clearly, concisely and authoritatively in English to tight deadlines.
- Highly presentable with strong verbal communication skills.
- Practical experience living, working, travelling or volunteering in Southeast Asia.
- IT proficiency and familiarity with MS Office suite.
- Strong research skills, an ability to learn quickly and a methodical approach to intelligence gathering tasks.
- Existing regional network of contacts and sources.
- Working knowledge of a second regional language.
- Solid understanding of macro-economics.
- Familiarity with social-media monitoring as a research tool.
- Prior military or security experience.
Please submit a detailed CV and covering letter highlighting relevant skills and experience, as well as two relevant writing samples, to the Human Resources Manager at: email@example.com.
Allan & Associates is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the development of effective policies which promote equality of opportunity regardless of gender, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, colour, race, ethnic or national origin, or disability.