Allan & Associates is recruiting a postgraduate candidate with expertise on Southeast Asia seeking a career in the private security sector. The position will be based in our Singapore office but successful candidates will be expected to undertake periodic travel throughout the region.
Candidates will participate in a variety of activities, including:
- Contributing to A&A’s political and security risk information services
- Supporting A&A’s security consulting operations
- Preparing papers related to Southeast Asia
- Conducting open source research
The ideal applicant will have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees (or equivalent) in Southeast Asia studies, International Relations, International Politics, International Security, Strategic Studies, or similar
- Deep understanding of, and interest in, the political and security issues affecting Southeast Asia with a particular emphasis on regional terrorism
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Fluency in a regional language (Indonesian Bahasa highly desirable)
- Experience living and working in the region
- Ability to write clearly, concisely and authoritatively to tight deadlines
- Familiarity with commercially focused research and analysis
- Strong research skills
Allan & Associates is particularly interested in hearing from candidates with prior military or security experience.
To apply for this opportunity please submit a detailed CV and cover letter highlighting relevant skills and experience, as well as two relevant writing samples, to the Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Allan & Associates is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the development of effective policies which promote equality of opportunity regardless of sex, religion, marital status, colour, race, ethnic or national origin, or disability.