Allan & Associates’ risk analysis team is expanding. Our Global Information Service is recruiting for a MENA Political & Security Risk Analyst for a permanent position in our London office starting as soon as possible.
The role involves the analysis of political and security risks throughout the Middle East and North Africa, contributing to subscription intelligence services and bespoke consulting projects. Where necessary, analysts will support security consulting operations and may be required to travel to the region.
Successful applicants will possess the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in MENA Area Studies, International Relations, International Politics, Strategic Studies, or similar. Applicants must be able to demonstrate a specialism in the Middle East and North Africa.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of key political, security and business risk issues affecting the MENA region.
- Excellent written English, and working proficiency in a regional language (Arabic and Turkish highly desirable).
- Ability to write clearly, concisely and authoritatively in English to tight deadlines.
- Practical experience living, working, travelling or volunteering in the MENA region.
- IT proficiency and familiarity with MS Office suite.
- Strong research skills, an ability to learn quickly and a methodical approach to intelligence gathering tasks.
- Experience in a similar role at a consulting firm, government agency or think tank.
- Existing regional network of contacts and sources.
- Working knowledge of a second regional language.
- Solid understanding of macro-economics.
- Familiarity with social-media monitoring as a research tool.
- Prior military or security experience.
Please submit a detailed CV and covering letter highlighting relevant skills and experience, as well as two relevant writing samples of no more than 1,500 words each, to the Human Resources Manager at: email@example.com.
The deadline for applications is Monday 12 March but we may begin interviewing before this date so we encourage candidates to submit applications as early as possible.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate their legal right to work in the UK.
Allan & Associates is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to the development of effective policies which promote equality of opportunity regardless of gender, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic or national origin, or disability.