Allan & Associates’ risk analysis team is expanding. Our Global Information Service is recruiting for a Senior Europe and Russia Political & Security Risk Analyst for a permanent position in our London office starting as soon as possible.
The role involves the analysis of political and security risks across Europe, contributing to subscription intelligence services and bespoke consulting projects. Where necessary, senior analysts will support security consulting operations and may be required to travel within the region.
Successful applicants will possess the following skills and experience:
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in a similar sole at a consulting firm, government agency or think tank.
- Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in European Studies, International Relations, International Politics, Strategic Studies, or similar. Applicants must be able to demonstrate a specialism in Europe.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of key political and security risk issues affecting the European region.
- Demonstrable commercial awareness and understanding of how political and security risks impact business operations.
- Excellent written English and fluency in a regional language (Russian and German highly desirable).
- Ability to write clearly, concisely and authoritatively in English to tight deadlines.
- IT proficiency and familiarity with MS Office suite.
- Strong research skills, an ability to learn quickly and a methodical approach to intelligence gathering tasks.
- Existing regional network of contacts and sources.
- Working knowledge of a second regional language.
- Solid understanding of macro-economics.
- Experience working, interning or volunteering in the EU Commission.
- Familiarity with social-media monitoring as a research tool.
- Prior military or security experience.
Please submit a detailed CV and covering letter highlighting relevant skills and experience, as well as two relevant writing samples of no more than 1,500 words each, to the Human Resources Manager at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for applications is Monday 12 March but we may begin interviewing before this date so we encourage candidates to submit applications as early as possible.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate their legal right to work in the UK.
Allan & Associates is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the development of effective policies which promote equality of opportunity regardless of gender, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, colour, race, ethnic or national origin, or disability.