Allan & Associates is recruiting a Coordinating Analyst to work in its Information Services Division. The successful candidate will be responsible for producing and disseminating timely analysis in response to global political and security events, as well as helping edit copy. This position would suit an experienced senior risk analyst or current sub-editor seeking project management and client engagement experience.
Content will be created by internal analysts and external contributors. The Coordinating Analyst will be responsible for developing, managing and tasking a network of external Associate Analysts and ensuring targeted content reaches relevant prospective clients selected from Allan & Associates’ database.
The successful candidate will report to the Managing Editor, but will work closely with the sales and marketing teams and will be expected to develop client relationships through regular engagement.
The Coordinating Analysts’s role also involves helping edit internally and externally produced content, ensuring it meets Allan & Associates’ standards for analytical rigour, consistency and relevance.
This post requires an individual confident in editing a broad range of thematic and geographic subject areas under demanding time constraints. Based in Allan & Associates’ London office, the position will include frequent evening and weekend work and is offered on a flexi-time basis. The role will begin as soon as possible so candidates are encouraged to apply early. Applicants must be able to demonstrate their legal right to work in the U.K.
- Recruit and manage a network of external Associate Analyst contributors
- Task Associate Analysts to produce relevant content in response to global political and security events
- With the Managing Editor, task internal Analysts to produce relevant content in response to global political and security events
- Edit content submitted by Analysts to meet Allan & Associates’ standards for analytical rigour, consistency and relevance
- Ensure the timely dissemination of content to multiple media
- Coordinate with sales and marketing teams to target content to appropriate audiences
- Maintain regular engagement with clients and prospective clients
- 5+ years’ experience in a political and security focussed analytical role
- Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in International Relations, International Politics, Strategic Studies, Regional Studies, Journalism or similar
- Exceptional written English and ability to edit copy produced by authors with English as a second language
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Ability to work rapidly under tight time pressures
- Highly motivated with the ability to work independently and creatively outside of normal business hours
- Familiarity with UK libel laws
- Experience working at a news wire service or similar environment
- Experience managing a team of contributors
- Experience using content management systems and mailshot software
- Experience of corporate social media communications
- Existing network of academics and stringers
- Fluency in a second language
To apply for this position please submit a detailed CV and cover letter addressed to the Human Resources Manager at: email@example.com
Allan & Associates is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to the development of effective policies which promote equality of opportunity regardless of gender, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic or national origin, or disability.