Allan & Associates’ risk analysis team is expanding. Our Information Service Department is recruiting for an Americas Political & Security Risk Analyst for a permanent position in our London office beginning at the start of May.
The role involves the analysis of political and security risks throughout the Americas and Caribbean, contributing to subscription intelligence services and bespoke consulting projects. Where necessary, analysts will support security consulting operations.
Successful applicants will possess the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in Latin American Studies, International Relations, International Politics, Strategic Studies, or similar. Applicants must be able to demonstrate a thematic specialism in the Americas region.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of key political, security and business risk issues affecting the Americas.
- Excellent written English and working proficiency in Spanish.
- Ability to write clearly, concisely and authoritatively in English to tight deadlines.
- Practical experience living, working, travelling or volunteering in Latin America and/or the Caribbean.
- IT proficiency and familiarity with MS Office suite.
- Strong research skills, an ability to learn quickly and a methodical approach to intelligence gathering tasks.
- Experience in a similar role at a consulting firm, government agency or think tank.
- Existing regional network of contacts and sources.
- Working knowledge of Portuguese.
- Solid understanding of macro-economics.
- Familiarity with social-media monitoring as a research tool.
- Prior military or security experience.
Please submit a detailed CV and covering letter highlighting relevant skills and experience, as well as two relevant writing samples of no more than 1,500 words each, to the Human Resources Manager at: email@example.com.
The deadline for applications is Friday 27 April but we may begin interviewing before this date so we encourage candidates to submit applications as early as possible.
Allan & Associates is not able to sponsor visa applications and candidates must be able to demonstrate their legal right to work in the UK.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, Allan & Associates will only contact candidates who are shortlisted.
Allan & Associates is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to the development of effective policies which promote equality of opportunity regardless of gender, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic or national origin, or disability.